Saturday, February 25, 2012

Home Town Beauty

One of the best parts about living in a place where there is beauty around every turn is the amazing sunsets each day that set over our little lake...or the ones I see from my porch.

Today my camera battery died right as the light hit the most intense place and just as it did, a bald eagle flew over me...ten feet away. I could make out his head, beak and sharp talons he was so close. I was in awe and felt my stomach sink with disappointment. Rarely do I leave the camera bag behind with the back up battery...but today I did.

Lesson. Learned.

Still, I managed to capture some amazing shots just before.

And then these earlier in the week.

Linking up with Simple As That for The Simple Things...things that made me smile this week...check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are beautiful. It looks like your location is so great for sunsets. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It really makes my day and fuels me to share my pictures and thoughts!